Explanation of the State by State Data Available for Download
Entire Data Set (text)
- This file contains the data used to compile our statistics for each state.
- This is a text file designed to be easily readable by any database application.
- The first row of the file contains the field names.
- The data is comma delimited.
- Text data is qualified with quotation marks.
- Each row in the file represents one reading of one single constituent.
- The fields are:
- Primary Station ID
- Latitude: latitude of station identified by Primary Station ID
- Longitude: longitude of station identified by Primary Station ID
- Sample Code: identifies a single water sample
- Parameter Long Name: Values conform to those listed in Table 4., page 8 of the report, plus
special 'merged' parameters included. See report for more details on merged parameters.
- Result Value
- Remark Code: All remark codes not originally in the format of the STORET system have been
translated into an appropriate STORET system parameter code as listed in Table 5., page 10
of the report. Of special exception is the '+' remark code. This code was created by us and
is intended to mean the same thing as having no remark code at all, which is to mean that
the data reading is to be considered accurate and correct.
- Start Date: date the sample was collected on.
Entire Data Set (MS Access)
- This file contains the 'raw' data used to compile our statistics for each state.
- This is a Microsoft Access database file (.mdb) that contains a single table of all available rows of data for a given state.
- The data in these files is in a less processed state than the text files described above.
Specifically these files do not contain the merged parameters we created for the report.
- These tables were generally compiled by importing data from many separate text files obtained for each state.
All imported data for each state was then merged into a single table.
- This file is in html format and is meant to be easy to read.
- The data here is a summary of the data available for each parameter for each state.
- This data can be found in the report listed constituent by constituent, here it is provided state by state.